|Facilities & Services | back
The Pee Dee Regional Council of Governments serves as the administrative entity and grant recipient to implement the goals of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Marion and Marlboro Counties. It also serves as the operator of SC Works Centers in these counties. Working under the guidance of the Pee Dee Workforce Development Board (WDB), staff establishes policies and guidelines to deliver workforce investment activities to individuals who need those services, including job seekers, dislocated workers, youth, incumbent workers, new entrants to the workforce, veterans, persons with disabilities, and employers.
Pee Dee Workforce Development Board (WDB)
The mission of the Pee Dee Workforce Development Board (WDB) is "to facilitate successful partnerships among businesses, educators, organizations and individuals to achieve a highly educated and skilled workforce resulting in a thriving community with full employment."
SC Works Centers
The Act requires that each local workforce investment area establish a one-stop delivery system of employment services to individuals and employers. The SC Works Centers are the primary point of contact for customers seeking services to individuals and employers. Job seekers are able to conduct their own job searches, complete resumes and skills assessments. Employers can utilize centers for staffing, training and business support. The Pee Dee Workforce Development Board (WDB) operates six SC Works Centers with the assistance of other workforce development partners. They include:
1. SC Works Bennettsville- Dolores Laney, contact; 460 Hwy 9 West, Bennettsville, SC 29512; ph 843.456.7611; TTY: 711; fax 843-479-9811; Hrs M-F 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
2. SC Works Chesterfield- Rita Melton, contact; 119 W. Main Street, Chesterfield, SC 29709; ph 843.287.0768; TTY: 711; fax 843-623-3351; Hrs T-Th 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
3. SC Works Dillon- Nortorius Jones, contact; 2204 Highway 301 South, Dillon, SC 29536; ph 843-774-1420; Hrs T-Th 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
4. SC Works Hartsville- Dolores Laney, contact; 1319 S. Fourth Street, Hartsville, SC 29551; ph 843.309.9809; TTY: 711; fax 843-332-9043; Hrs M-F 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
5. SC Works Florence- Connie Mason, contact; 1558 W. Evans Street, Florence, SC 29501; ph 843.407.9680; TTY: 711; fax 843-679-3955; Hrs M-F 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
6. SC Works Marion- Nortorius Jones, contact; 2413 E. Hwy 76, Marion, SC 29571; ph 843.765.3123; TTY: 711; fax 843-423-9186; Hrs M-F 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
The Pee Dee's Business Services Team works directly with employers to identify and deliver the types of workforce training, recruiting and incentive programs that can help businesses meet their short and long-term goals. Business Services Consultants (BSCs) assist businesses with hiring services, On-the-Job Training (OJT), access to WorkKeys® Assessments and Job Profiling, Tax Incentives and Credits, Workforce Transitions such as expansion, layoffs and/or closures, and the latest labor market information.
For more information on Workforce Development programs and services, including success stories, WDB Board membership and other details, visit the Pee Dee Workforce Development website at www.scworkspeedee.org or contact Joette Dukes email@example.com.